If you’re feeling a little adventurous, and you want to explore novel ways to consume CBD, then you are not alone. Every day sees new companies and products popping up in the CBD world, and as new ideas are developed regarding the ways in which the all-natural supplement can be consumed, new trends are emerging.
2019 has seen a range of businesses popping up left, right, and center—from spas specializing in deep tissue massage using CBD oil to cafes offering CBD smoothies and CBD-infused coffee. You will most likely find it somewhere nearby.
CBD gummies are definitely a trend across the United States, but due to their ever-increasing popularity, it can be a struggle to find dispensaries in your area that have good quality gummies in stock. In light of this, many people are now getting out their baking equipment and looking for recipes that allow them to make their own gummies from the comfort of their own home and experiment with a wide range of different flavors and textures.
CBD Gummy Recipe to Try
You don’t have to be a master chef to make these CBD gummies. You just need to mix all the ingredients together, stir, and pour into a silicone mold for them to set. The hardest part of the whole process is measuring out how much CBD you want each gummy to contain, which isn’t exactly a deal-breaker.
Tip: If you work out that you want 10mg of tincture in each gummy, look at how many gummies the mixture makes in total and multiply by that amount.
You can also add the CBD oil into each little mold after you have poured the rest of the ingredients, though this does require a bit more skill and dexterity!
You will need:
- Flavored gelatin
- CBD oil
- Silicon mold
Step by step:
- Follow the instructions on the gelatin packet. Remove the dissolved mixture from the heat and either add in the desired amount of CBD oil at this point and pour into a mold to set, or add it in when you have poured the mixture into each mold individually.
- After around 30 minutes, put the molds in the fridge and in a few hours your gummies will be ready to eat! Yes, it really is that simple.
CBD Infused Tea Recipes
If CBD gummies aren’t your thing, or you simply cannot be bothered to make a mess in the kitchen, then rest assured you can still enjoy all the benefits of CBD in a simple tea form. Certain herbs and spices complement CBD better than others, so for the following recipe we will be focusing on particular types of tea.
The first thing to do is to have your end goal clear in your mind. Do you want to make a CBD tea that will help you to relax and drift off to sleep at the end of a long day? Or do you want something more energy-enhancing, like green tea CBD mixture, to start the day alert and focused? Once you have selected your tea of choice, either loose-leaf or in a tea bag, you have already made a good start.
What you will need:
- Tea of choice (we will be using matcha green tea gunpowder)
- Milk of preference (coconut milk works great!)
- Good quality full-spectrum CBD tincture
- Your favorite teacup!
Step by step:
- Boil around half a cup of water and pour over your tea bag or loose-leaf tea of choice. Stir and leave to infuse for a few minutes
- The next step is to add your milk product of choice—remember that oil and water don’t mix, so adding a fatty component into the mix is essential for the CBD oil to absorb properly
- Add your desired dose of high-quality CBD tincture, stir, and leave for a couple of minutes. Enjoy
Making your own CBD tea at home really couldn’t be much simpler, and it also is quick and convenient to prepare. There is another option, which is to buy pre-made CBD infused tea bags (or loose-leaf tea).
In this instance, you will get better results if you place the teabag in the cup and first cover with warm milk of choice. After you have allowed the CBD oil to fully absorb into the warm milk for around 10 minutes, top up with hot water and enjoy!
Try to use hot water as opposed to freshly boiled water, as you will avoid a burnt taste that can be especially prominent when using gunpowder teas or loose leaf. And of course, don’t forget the strainer!
Why Coconut Milk?
The reason we chose coconut milk for this homemade CBD brew recipe is that it increases the bioavailability of the cannabinoids. This is why many CBD tinctures and balms use coconut oil as a carrier oil—it helps the cannabinoids pass into the bloodstream quicker.
CBD teas and homemade gummies can be a tastier way for you to take your CBD tincture, and many people prefer these methods over taking the oil sublingually. While you might notice a faint earthy taste, it will be nothing compared to ingesting CBD oil neat.